The weBoost Home Room cellular signal booster is a simple, effective solution to maintain continuous communication for all cellular-enabled devices – smartphones, tablets, etc - in your home or workspace.
BAND 12/17 - 700 Mhz; Band 13 - 700 Mhz;
BAND 5 - 850 Mhz; BAND 4 - 1700/2100 Mhz;
BAND 2 - 1900 Mhz
||60 decibels (dB)
||110-240V AC, 50-60 Hz, 8 W
||SMA-Female (inside antenna) / F-Female (outside antenna)
||6.5 x 1.25 x 4.25 in / 16.2 x 3.5 x 10.6 cm
||0.4 lbs / 0.18 kg (amplifier only)
Installing the weBoost Home Room is Extremely Easy:
- Place the desktop antenna where enhanced cell signal is needed
- Place the Home Room amplifier in a well-ventilated area at least 18 inches from the desktop antenna and connect the indoor antenna to the amplifier
- Pole, wall, or window mount the outdoor panel antenna where you receive the strongest cell signal and point it towards your nearest cell tower
- Route the RG-6 coaxial cable into your home or office through a window and connect it to the amplifier
- Connect the power supply to the amplifier and plug it into a power source
You'll need some basic handyman skills, but nothing too specialized. If you'd rather have someone else do the work for you, you can contact your local general contractor, electrician, or anyone who has installed a satellite TV
dish. We have several resources that demonstrate this process and trained support personnel to answer your questions. Please call us at 1-800-373-2927 for help.
How Does the weBoost Home Room Work?
The weBoost Home Room uses an outdoor directional panel antenna to pull in 4G, LTE, and 3G signals. For optimal results, the outdoor antenna must point in the direction of your closest cell tower. The Home Room amplifier then
enhances the captured signal, and the desktop antenna broadcasts the boosted signal for all cellular devices within its coverage area to enjoy. The amount of coverage the weBoost Home Room provides depends on your outside signal
strength and indoor building material.
Visit, How Does A Signal Booster Work for more information on how home boosters work.
Why Should I Buy The Home Room?
If you only need to enhance cell coverage in a small area, like an apartment, office, or dorm room, the Home Room is the answer. It’ll deliver stronger cell signal for multiple devices simultaneously and features a simple
drill-free installation, all at an affordable price. Though, there are a few things to keep in mind:
Effective coverage area will vary depending on the strength of your outside signal. If you’re expecting 1,500 sq ft / 139 sq m of coverage but have only one bar of service, you won’t get it. Realistic expectations of coverage in
that scenario are 200-500 square feet, which equals one to two rooms.
If you live in a remote area with poor cell signal, the Home Room is unlikely to perform very well due to the distance required for your antenna to reach your nearest cell tower. We recommend the
weBoost Home MultiRoom for those in rural areas. In addition, if you live in accommodations where you are leasing, you may not be able to drill holes – in this
event, the Home Room is your best and possibly only option.
Please call us at 1-800-373-2927 for a free consultation and answers to any other questions you might have.
Will the Home Room Cover My Entire Home or Apartment?
If you have strong outside signal, a home or apartment no larger than 1,500 sq ft / 139 sq m, and little to no interior building material obstacles, it’s possible. Though, most people will get one- to two-room coverage.
Can I Add Another Indoor Antenna with a Splitter?
You can add another indoor antenna with a splitter, but it’s not recommended. The Home Room is not designed to handle more than one interior antenna. If you want to use multiple indoor antennas:
- You must have sufficient outside signal to ensure each indoor antenna receives enough boosted signal to cover as much ground as possible. Otherwise, coverage will be significantly reduced at each point.
- Consider a signal booster that features at least 65 dB gain. Since they are more powerful, they can handle additional indoor antennas better.
Please call us at 1-800-373-2927 if you need signal booster recommendations or have additional questions.
I Live in An Apartment and Don’t Have a Mounting Pole or Access to the Roof. How Can I Install the Panel Antenna?
If your landlord/landlady allows you to drill holes on an exterior wall, consider getting a pole mount. However, if you don’t have permission to drill holes, it can be
mounted on the deck railing, a window, or a tripod antenna mount and placed outside.
What’s the Difference Between the Home Room and Home Studio?
Both the weBoost Home Room and Home Studio feature up to 60 dB gain and provide similar coverage. The Home Room, however:
- Includes a flat window cable for a drill-free installation. The cable is not kitted with the Home Studio.
- Includes an outdoor panel antenna rather than an outdoor Yagi antenna.
- Includes a desktop antenna rather than an indoor panel antenna.
What’s the Difference Between the weBoost Home Room and the weBoost Home 4G?
The Home Room is a rebranded version of the Home 4G. They both feature the same amount of power and use the same equipment.